Arm and Hammer – Washing Soda
Attitude – Bathroom Cleaner
With fragrances (essential oils)
Biovert- Bathroom Cleaner
Earth Friendly Products ECOS – Toilet Cleaner
Echoclean – Zesty Lemon Toilet Bowl Cleaner
Ecomax – Natural Bathroom Cleaner
Ecover -Bathroom Cleaner
Greenshield – Organic Toilet Bowl Cleaner
MamaSuds – Toilet Bombs Cleaning Tabs
Seventh Generation – Toilet Bowl Cleaner
White vinegar is a very good natural cleanser. You can use it in aerosol form by mixing it with water (equal quantities).
To scrub toilets, use undiluted white vinegar and scrub it with a toilet brush. This will remove limescale, stains and odours.
To clean the bathtub, shower or sink, use a mixture of baking soda (1/4 cup) and white vinegar (1/2 cup).
Remember to use microfibre cloths to clean without scratching.
Ingredients to avoid
- 1,4-dichlorobenzine: carcinogenic pesticide
- Phosphoric acid: irritating to skin, eyes and upper respiratory tract
- Ammonia: irritant and corrosive to the skin, eyes and respiratory and digestive tract
- Dimetyl chloride: irritant
- Sodium dichloroisocyanurate dihydrate: corrosive to the eyes, irritant to the skin (strong) and to the respiratory and digestive tracts
- Ethylene glycol: irritant for the eyes and the respiratory and digestive tracts, skin sensitizer; in case of ingestion: neurotoxic, nephrotoxic, toxic for the digestive system, pulmonary and for the heart
- Sodium hydroxide: irritant and corrosive to the skin, eyes and respiratory and digestive tract
- Sodium hypochlorite (bleach): irritant
- Trisodium nitriolitriacetate: carcinogen
- Sodium orth-phenylpenol: carcinogen, irritant
- Sodium sulphate: irritant to the skin and corrosive to the eyes