All-purpose cleaners are effective for stain removal on carpets.
With fragrances (essential oils)
Biokleen – Carpet and Rug Shampoo
Nature Clean – Carpet Cleaner
To remove stains from your carpet naturally, mix an equal amount of hot water and white vinegar in a spray bottle and add a tablespoon of liquid Castile soap. Wipe this mixture over the stain with a cloth.
To remove an odour trapped in your carpet, dust the area with baking soda. Leave overnight or for several hours, then vacuum the carpet.
Ingredients to avoid
- 1,4-dioxane: possible carcinogen
- Ammonia: irritant and corrosive to the skin, eyes and respiratory and digestive tract
- Isopropyl alcohol: irritant to eyes, skin sensitizer
- Butyl cellosolve: neurotoxic
- Ethanol: possible carcinogen (confirmed in animals), irritant to skin, eyes, mucous membranes and respiratory tract, neurotoxic
- Methyl ether: neurotoxic, eye and respiratory irritant, reproductive effects
- Naphtalene: possible carcinogen (confirmed in animals), irritant to skin and eyes
- Synthetic fragrances: allergens
- Perchloroethylene: possible carcinogen (confirmed in animals), irritant to skin (strong), eyes and upper respiratory tract, neurotoxic
- Petroleum solvent: possible carcinogen depending on the degree of purification (possible contamination by butadiene), allergen