Intimate showers (vaginal douche products, gels, etc.) are useless, and are harmful to your health. Rather than cleaning your vagina, showers will irritate it and contribute to an increased risk of vaginal infections and even cervical cancer.
The vagina cleans itself naturally by producing mucus. Simply keep the outside of your vagina healthy by washing it regularly with mild soap.
Ingredients to avoid
- 1,4-dioxane (may contaminate octoxynol): possible carcinogen
- Ethylene Dioxide (may contaminate octoxynol): possible carcinogen
- Methylisothiazoline: possible neurotoxic
- Octoxynol: irritant, endocrine disruptor
- Parabens: endocrine disruptors