Anarres Natural Health – Safe Sun Protection with Zinc
Attitude – Mineral Sunscreens (available for kids), fragrance-free
Biossance – Squalane + Zinc Sheer Mineral Sunscreen, SPF 30
Green Beaver – Natural Mineral Sunscreens (for kids and adults)
Kabana – Sunscreens
Solara Suncare – Clean Freak Nutrient Boosted Daily Sunscreen, fragrance-free
Soléo Organics – Natural Sunscreens
With fragrances (essential oils)
Druide – Sunscreen SPF 30 (available for kids)
Kiss My Face – Mineral Sunscreen Lotion (for kids and adults)
Sun protection is essential to protect against burns from sun exposure and prevent skin cancer.
Avoid exposure to the sun at the hottest hours, and consider using sun protection such as head covers, sunglasses or UV clothing (such as unbleached cotton, which contains natural lignins that act as UV absorbers).
Sunscreens should be used as an alternative or complement to other protection, as they are not a completely safe solution to protect yourself from the sun.
Ingredients to avoid
- Cinnamates: allergens, endocrine disruptors
- Dyes: possible carcinogens, skin sensitizers, photosensitizers and mutagens
- Nanoparticles: Nanoparticles are widely used in sun protection. Their small size could have different effects on the body, such as DNA damage and cellular toxicity.
- Oxybenzone: allergen, photosensitizer, endocrine disruptor
- Retinyl palmitate (of vitamin A): possible carcinogen (see EWG)
- Parabens: endocrine disruptors
- Synthetic fragrances: allergens