Fabric softeners are used to reduce static electricity in synthetic fabrics. They have no effect on linen made of natural fibres.
Dryer balls or sheets – soften laundry in a 100% natural way
AlpagAdore – Drying balls (Quebec)
Belle à croquer – Wool balls for the dryer (Quebec)
Attitude – Fabric Softener, fragrance-free
Echoclean – Fabric Softener Sheets
Ecomax – Fabric Softener
Nature Clean – Fabric Softener, fragrance-free
Seventh Generation – Liquid Fabric Softener, Free and Clear
With fragrances (essential oils)
Biovert – Fabric Softener
Greenshield – Organic Fabric Softener, Lavender
Vinegar can replace fabric softener by helping to remove lingering odours from your laundry.
In a container, mix 250 ml of white vinegar with 500 ml of water (preferably distilled) and add a few drops of essential oil if you wish.
When you stir, add this mixture (about 70 ml) to the softener compartment.
You will find more information on this site: Bren Did.
Ingredients to avoid
- Ammonia: irritant and corrosive to the skin, eyes and respiratory and digestive tract
- Quaternary ammonium: possible carcinogen (through formaldehyde release), skin and respiratory irritant and sensitizer
- Dyes (coal tar): carcinogen, skin sensitizer, photosensitizer
- Imidazolidinyl: possible carcinogen (by release of formaldehyde)
- Synthetic fragrances: allergens